Adding Hyper-V SCVMM Cloud Accounts
Important: See Getting started for a list of tasks to complete before adding an SCVMM cloud account.
Views > Inventory > Infrastructure, Applications, or Storage tab
Commander Roles of Superuser and Enterprise Admin
To add an SCVMM cloud account:
- Select the root node of the inventory tree.
- At the top of the Summary page, click Add Cloud Account.
- In the Add Cloud Account dialog, select Microsoft SCVMM from Cloud Account Type.
- Provide the required information for the following fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the cloud account.
Service Portal users may see this name if they have permission.
- Host: Enter the unique name of the cloud account using its IP address or host name.
- Username: Enter the user name for the account created in the cloud account.
- Password: Enter the password for this account.
If required, specify a port for HTTPS other than the default of 8100.
For a domain account, use the following format: domain\username.
To enable the use of SCVMM secure console connections, you must use the format
username@company instead of the domain\username format.