The pages that appear when you sign in to the console depend on what view you're working in, the item you have selected in the tree, and the tab you have selected.
You can see current tasks, workflows, and alerts in the area at the bottom of the window. For more information, see Monitor with Tasks, Alerts, Events.
To update the information displayed in Commander and to ensure that you see the most recent changes due to system actions or the actions of another user, click Refresh. Refresh appears on any page that contains a table.
Your view of the virtual infrastructure and what tasks you can perform, as well as any events, alerts, and tasks, are dictated by access rights assigned to your account. For more information, see Assign Access Rights to Administrative Users.
Views > Inventory
To apply a command to a range of listed VMs, virtual services, or hosts:
- In the Infrastructure or Applications view, select the relevant tab.
- In the displayed table, Ctrl-click or Shift-click to select multiple rows.
- Select Actions, then select an available command.
- You can also right-click and select a command.
- To select items over more than one page, select the first item in the range, click the single arrow or the double arrow, and Shift-click the last item. You can now go back to any page and click Ctl-click to deselect specific items that you don't want the command or action to apply to.
You can search the tree for inventory in the Infrastructure, Applications, and Storage views. For a selected inventory view, the search results are grouped alphabetically by managed object type. Datacenters, folders, management servers, resource groups, resource pools, virtual services, and virtual machines are examples of managed object types.
Views > Inventory
- Select the root node of the Infrastructure, Applications, or Storage tree.
- In the search field, enter the name of a resource.
You can enter a partial or a full search term.
- Click Search.
- Optionally, do the following:
- To see the details of a resource in the panel on the right, select it in the tree.
- To see the resource in the context of the hierarchy, double-click it in the tree. Note that this clears the search.
The search will remain in the tree until you sign out or until it's cleared. To clear the search, click Clear.