Once quota is configured, organization managers can view quota usage information in the Service Portal.
Configuration > Identity and Access
Commander Role of Superuser and Enterprise Admin
- On the Organizations tab, select the organization and click Edit.
- Click Next until you get to the Quotas page.
- On the Quotas page, select Global Quota, then select the currency that will be used for cost quotas and click Next.
- On the Organization Quotas page, from Quota Type, select Cost Quota, and enter a maximum daily cost.
Current daily cost for the organization is displayed once you have entered a value (based on all services currently assigned to the organization).
- By default, members can't power on VMs when doing so would cause quota to be exceeded. To change this behavior:
- Click Advanced Configuration.
- Enable the option Allow organization members to power on VMs when quota is exceeded. In this case, members are warned that quota will be exceeded, but they can proceed with powering on the VM.
- Click OK.
- Optional: On the Member Quotas page, set quotas for organization members.
- Select a member and click Edit User Quota, then enter a maximum daily cost. Current daily cost is displayed (based on all services currently assigned to the organization).
- Click Balance Cost to balance the available quota among all organization members.
- To remove a limit and specify that the user has Max Quota, clear the value and click OK.
- Click Finish.
Quota details are displayed when you select the organization on the Organizations tab.
The default value of Max Quota indicates that all resources are available to any member until the maximum quota for the organization is reached.
You can't assign member quota to a directory services group. Member quotas can only be assigned to individual users (either local or directory services users).
When new members are added to the organization, they automatically have Max Quota. If you balanced the quota prior to adding more members, you must balance the quota again. Likewise, you must rebalance the quota if you remove members.