Add Data to Workflows With Variables
You can use variables to provide access to Commander metadata, allowing integration with other systems. You can pass variables to workflow scripts and insert variables in workflow emails.
For basic syntax, see Variable Syntax for Emails and Scripts.
You might want to start with the examples:
For more examples of using variables in workflows, see:
- Create Command Workflows with Custom Attributes
- Use Script Output as Input to Workflow Steps
- Specify Deployment Parameters for Services
- Specify a Network with an Approval Workflow Script
If you require other variables, please create a case through the Snow Support Portal.
You can also use variables in:
- Naming conventions. See Customize Naming Conventions.
- AWS user data. See AWS User Data Syntax and Supported Variables.
You can also create custom variables through REST v3 API calls to enable data retrieval from third-party servers in service or change requests. For more information on custom variables, see Custom Workflow Variables.