You can use variables to provide access to Commander metadata, allowing integration with other systems. You can pass variables to workflow scripts and insert variables in workflow emails.
For basic syntax, see Variable Syntax for Emails and Scripts.
You might want to start with the examples:
- Example: Map Request Form Fields to Variables
- Example: Use Variables in Approval Emails
- Specify a Network with an Approval Workflow Script
For more examples of using variables in workflows, see:
If you require other variables, please create a case through the Snow Support Portal.
You can also use variables in:
- Naming conventions. See Customize Naming Conventions.
- AWS user data. See AWS User Data Syntax and Supported Variables.
Finally, you can also specify deployment parameters when approving a request and in approval workflow scripts. You can do this through substitution variables; you can also specify network deployment parameters for VMware VMs through REST v3 API calls (for more information, see Specify Deployment Parameters for Services).