Release date: 2021-02-17
Snow Commander Release Notes for version 8.5.1 covers new features, upgrade notes, deprecated features, resolved issues, and known issues.
In Commander, you can now provision and configure SCVMM VMs with VM networks.
VM networks have replaced logical networks as the functional networks for SCVMM VMs. As a result, network zones are now assigned to VM networks instead of logical networks; this invalidates previously configured deployment destinations. To resolve this you will have to reconfigure existing SCVMM deployment destinations to use VM networks.
Service Portal doesn't support SCVMM VM network reconfiguration.
For more information, see Networking and IP Management.
For new features in version 8.5, see 8.5 Release Notes.
Before upgrading, it's recommended that you review all release notes between the version you're currently using and the version you're upgrading to. Release notes for previous Commander versions are available at Release Notes Archive.
Upgrading to version 8.5.1 will affect the following:
- Costs from all regions are now displayed in the Cost Dashboards and Cloud Billing report, regardless of which regions are selected in the cloud account region selection.
- SCVMM VMs will be configured to use VM networks instead of logical networks.
There are no new deprecations for this hotfix release.
- 18657 Organization ownership now displays as expected on the approval landing page for change requests.
- 18571 OS Scan groups are no longer applied to assets by Policies in Commander. The Scanning Guest Operating Systems feature was removed as of version 8.4.
- 18543 Costs from all regions are now displayed in the Cost Dashboards and Cloud Billing report, regardless of which regions are selected in the cloud account region selection.
- 18513 You can now assign an approval email to an individual user who isn't part of an organization.
- 18466 Newly introduced regions will no longer impact the ability to retrieve billing data.
- 18429 The operating system list for Azure public images has been updated to include Windows 10, Windows 2019, and new Linux versions.
- 18357 Adding AWS cloud accounts with Assume Roles now works as expected.
- 18246 SCVMM is no longer disconnected when a VM’s NIC is assigned multiple IP addresses.
- 18252 For Microsoft SCVMM cloud accounts, VMs deployed from a template will copy the SecureBoot configuration from the template.
- 18228 Optimized Commander memory usage for large environments.
- 16506 When a VM with a NIC that's assigned multiple IPs from an IP pool is deleted, the IPs are now either released as expected, or the IP conflicts are properly identified.
- 18887 Network configuration changes aren't supported when manually provisioning an SCVMM VM from another VM. This doesn't apply to templates. Any network adapters that are added or removed won't have the correct network assigned to the deployed VM.
For the complete list of known issues for 8.5.0, see8.5 Release Notes.