In the Service Portal, you can perform advanced searches with configurable filters to obtain information for specific items of interest. With an extensive filter set, custom searches can query hundreds of system, service, and infrastructure data points.
When you create an advanced search, you can add multiple filters to your search query to obtain specific data. Some filters also allow the use of secondary filters.
- When filtering for costs, the values will be interpreted in your preferred currency. If you change your currency preference, cost values in pre-existing saved searches will be updated to the new currency preference.
- When filtering on costs, we recommend you use "<" or ">" and not the "=" operator, since you may get slightly unexpected results around the boundaries of the filtering range due to rounding during currency conversion.
- Select Search in the left menu.
- From the Select Report Type section, select whether you want to search for information about:
- Virtual Machines
- Virtual Services
- Service Requests
If you're signed in as member of a parent organization, you'll only have access to Virtual Machines and Virtual Services, not Service Requests.
- In the Select Filters section, select a filter from the first drop-down.
You can enter a few characters of the filter you're looking for in the field. Corresponding filters will be automatically suggested.
- Depending on the selected filter, different criteria are available in the next drop-downs such as (this is a partial list only):
- doesn't contain
- doesn't equal
- not on
You can use the following variables in this field:
- * for a replacement of one or more characters
- ? to replace a single character
If you want to search for a VM that contains * or ? in its name and you want to use either of those characters in your search, enter \* or \?
- Select an item and perform tasks using available commands.
- Pick different columns to display different types of information.
- Export your search results to CSV format. For more information, see Export Data.
The Confirm Perform Search dialog may indicate that your search isn't allowed if your requested search will severely impact system performance. In this case, click OK, and select other search criteria.