You can perform advanced searches on VM configuration and operational details, include cloud software licensing information (for example, for Azure VMs, whether the Azure Hybrid Benefit is enabled, and for AWS EC2 instances, the Tenancy model or Image ID used are used).
Searching for software licensing information allows you to determine if your deployed Azure VMs and AWS EC2 instances are configured so that they can make use of Windows Server or SQL Server license entitlements that you already have and save software licensing fees. For more information, see Manage Cloud Software License Costs.
- Select Search from the left menu.
- From the Select Report Type section, select Virtual Machines.
- In the Select Filters section, select the filter you want.
The following filters are helpful for cloud software licensing information searches:
- Licensing > Azure Hybrid Benefit — Whether the VM is using the Azure Hybrid Benefit.
- Licensing > Tenancy — The Tenancy model used by an EC2 instance.
- Licensing > Image Source — Where the image is located. Note that an image source won't be displayed if the instance wasn't deployed from a template. This property is for AWS only.
- Configuration > Image ID — The AMI ID of an AWS EC2 instance.
- Configuration > Number of Cores — The number of virtual cores used by the VM or instance.
- Depending on the selected filter, different criteria are available in the next drop-down such as (this is only a partial list):
- doesn't contain
- doesn't equal
- not on
- For the third field, either select another filter or enter a full or partial character string as allowed.
If you're permitted to enter characters, you can use the following variables in this field:
- * for a replacement of one or more characters
- ? to replace a single character
- Optional: To search using more than one filter at a time, click Add Filter and repeat steps 2 through 5 for each filter you want to add.
- Click Search.
The search results are displayed in the Results area. With the results you may:
- Select one item and perform tasks using available commands.
- Pick different columns to display different types of information.
- Export your search results to CSV format. For more information, see Export Data.