Important: See Getting started for a list of tasks to complete before adding a vCenter cloud account.
Views > Inventory > Infrastructure, Applications, or Storage tab
Commander Roles of Superuser and Enterprise Admin
To add a vCenter cloud account:
- Select the root node of the inventory tree.
- At the top of the Summary page, click Add Cloud Account.
- In the Add Cloud Account dialog, select VMware Virtual Center from Cloud Account Type.
- Complete the fields as required:
- Name: Enter a name for the cloud account.
Service Portal users may see this name if they have permission.
- Host: Enter the unique name of the cloud account using its IP address or host name. If required, specify a port for https other than the default of 443.
- Username: Enter the user name for the account you will use to administer this cloud account.
- Password: Enter the password for this account.
For a domain account, use the following format: domain\username.