After you configure a Global Resource Quota for your organizations, you should set up a quota-based approval process. For more information, see Configure a Quota-Based Service Request Approval Process.
Configuration > Identity and Access
Commander Role of Superuser and Enterprise Admin
- Click the Organizations tab.
- On the Organizations page, select the organization and click Edit to open the Configure Organization dialog.
- Click Next until you get to the Quotas page.
- On the Quotas page, select Global Quota.
- On the Organization Quotas page, select Resource Quota from the drop-down and enter values for CPUs, Memory and Storage as required.
The organization's current resource usage (based on all services currently assigned to the organization) is displayed to guide you in setting resource limits.
- To assign per-tier storage quota, enable Use Per Storage Tier Quotas.
A Storage Tiers tab appears next to the Resources tab. Enter quota limits for storage tiers as required.
You can set an overall storage limit for an organization, storage tier limits, or both. You can set per-tier storage quota limits even if you don't set an overall storage quota on the Resources tab. You can also exclude certain tiers from storage quota calculations (for example, if you use one tier for swap space).
When a storage tier is included in quota but set to Unlimited, the storage tier is displayed on the Service Portal dashboard, but usage doesn't count towards a user's or organization's quota. When a storage tier is excluded, it's not displayed on the Service Portal dashboard, and usage doesn't count towards a user's or organization's quota.
Once you enable Use Per Storage Tier Quotas for the organization, Service Portal organization managers will see a Storage Tiers tab in the Edit Quota dialog.
- To control how VM power state and disk format affect quota usage, click Advanced Configuration.
- To exclude powered-off VMs from CPU and memory quota calculations, enable the option For stopped VMs, include only storage quota and exclude CPU and memory quota.
- By default, if this option is enabled, members can't power on VMs when doing so would cause quota to be exceeded. To change this behavior, enable the option Allow organization members to power on VMs when quota is exceeded. In this case, members are warned that quota will be exceeded, but they can proceed with powering on the VM.
- By default, quota usage for thin disks is calculated as actual (used) storage, rather than total provisioned size. To change this setting, enable Use total provisioned disk size for thin disks. Note that this setting affects both overall and per-tier storage quota.
- On the Member Quotas page, optionally set quotas for organization members.
You can't assign member quota to a directory services group. Member quotas can only be assigned to individual users (either local or directory services users).
- Select one or more members and click Edit User Quota, then enter values for CPUs, Memory and Storage as required.
If you're editing quota for a single user, you can hover over the question mark or warning icon to view the member's current usage (based on all services currently assigned to the member).
- Click Balance CPU, Balance Memory or Balance Storage to balance the available quota among all organization members. Balancing the storage affects both overall and per-tier storage quota.
When new members are added to the organization, they automatically have Max Quota. If you balanced the quota prior to adding more members, you must balance the quota again. Likewise, you must re-balance the quota after removing members.
- To remove a limit and specify that a user has Max Quota, clear the value and click OK.
- If you enabled Use Per Storage Tier Quotas on the Organization Quotas page, in the Storage Tiers tab , enter quota limits for storage tiers as required.
You can set an overall storage limit for a user, storage tier limits, or both. As with organizational quota, you can set per-tier storage quota limits for a member even if you don't set an overall storage quota for that member on the Resources tab.
- Click OK.
Quota details are displayed when you select the organization on the Organizations tab.