Request New Services
Views > Service Requests
All Access Rights Levels
- On the Service Requests page, click Request New Service.
To save time, you can select an existing service request and click Copy Request to copy the service request. You can then make any changes to the pre-populated form, and submit the request.
- On the Services page, for the service you want, click Add to Request to add a service.
If you can't find the service you need:
- If you're looking for a service shared by another user, make sure Include Shared Services is enabled.
- Enter text in the Search field to filter the list of available services. Only the service name and description are searched (categories aren't searched).
- If categories have been applied to the services you have permission to see, you can filter by category. Only services matching all selected categories are retrieved.
- Complete the form that appears.
You must complete all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Complete the fields in the order they're displayed. If you go back and re-populate fields of a form, you may lose your some of your selections.
- If the Destination form element has been added to the Service form, from the Destination area, select a deployment destination available to you on the cloud account hosting the service you're requesting, or select Let the system decide.
Service catalog costs are updated for each valid destination for the requested service; if you select Let the system decide, the expected destination is displayed.
$DESTINATION$deployment parameter is specified as part of the approval process, it will override your selection. For more information, see Specify Deployment Parameters for Services.
- When you've completed the Service form, click Next.
- In the Customize Component form, complete the fields.
If the Override icon is available on this form, you can override the value set for the service as a whole. For example, for a service with four components, you could set an expiry date for the service as a whole and then override this date for just one component. Once a component value is overridden, changing the value for the service won't affect component; you must click the Override icon again to remove the override.
- To add another service to the request, click Add.
If Commander is in single-service request mode, the Add button won't be available. For more information, see Set Single-Service Mode.
- When you've completed the form, click Submit Request.
- If you navigate to another page before submitting your request, the contents of your request are saved until you sign out.
- If you request a service request through a copy, don't copy a request submitted in the Service Portal if the service has an assigned key pair. Key pairs are assigned differently in Commander and the Service Portal. For more information, see Enable Key Pair SSH Connections to Amazon EC2 VMs.