Getting Started with Cloud Automation
Help > Getting Started with Cloud Automation
To configure a self-service request process for your users, you should perform the following basic cloud automation steps.
- Configure Organization Quotas
Limit the compute resources granted to organizations so that resources are allocated to cloud consumers based on business requirements.
- Configure Application Placement Strategy
Customize the default placement strategy by prioritizing the factors most important to you. Optional for initial deployment.
- Configure Placement Attributes
Configure placement attributes to define the capabilities of a deployment destination and the requirements of an application. Optional for initial deployment.
- Add Entries to Service Catalog
Make services available for users to request. Publish services that can be deployed on multiple clouds.
- Create Service Forms
Configure New Request Service forms that support your existing service request and provisioning process.
- Configure Change Requests<![CDATA[
Configure change requests to perform post-deployment operations on any type of resource.
- Prepare Approval and Pre-Provisioning Workflows
Set up approval and pre-provisioning workflows for new service requests and change requests.
- Configure Provisioning and Automated Deployment Options
Customize application naming conventions and automated deployment destinations for published services.
- Prepare Completion Workflows
Set up post-provisioning workflows for change requests and new service requests.